This activity is supported by educational, in-kind grants of fillers, provided by Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie Company; Galderma Laboratories; Merz Aesthetics; and Revance Aesthetics.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of those Board Certified or Board Eligible in Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, and Oculoplastic Surgery, and Allied Health Professionals working directly with one of those specialists.
Statement of Need/Program Overview
The Miami Cosmetic Surgery conferenc eaddresses the science, practice and techniques of aesthetic surgery and medicine. With a faculty featuring the foremost researchers, educators and practitioners, this event will provide cutting-edge content to advance knowledge, enhance skills and techniques, and improve outcomes. Miami Cosmetic Surgery will feature dynamic lectures delivered by prominent core experts at the forefront of the industry. These include the fields of Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Oculoplastic Surgery and more.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe the most current safety and efficacy data and guideline recommendations of facial injectable products
- Discuss the mechanism of action of neurotoxin and dermal filler injections with individual patients
- Identify proper injection techniques that have demonstrated safe and satisfactory patient outcomes to minimize complications
- Review how to avoid the most common problems in rhinoplasty
- Explain the various approaches to blepharoplasty and brow lifting to determine the best suited for the patient
- Describe the best practices for choosing which patients might be the best candidates for surgical rejuvenation and which might benefit from non-invasive approaches to facial rejuvenation
- Identify options for minimally invasive facial rejuvenation using fillers, injectables, lasers and other skin tightening devices, and minimally invasive lifting techniques
- Review controversial topics in facial aesthetic surgery in order to make informed decisions
- Discuss various approaches to facelifting and which procedure is appropriate for which patient
Physician Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Global Education Group (Global) and Informa Markets. Global is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
Global Education Group designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
Global Education Group is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity for 18.5 contact hours is provided by Global Education Group. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Global Contact Information
For information about the accreditation of this program, please contact Global at 303-395-1782 or [email protected]
Instructions to Receive Credit
In order to receive credit for this activity, the participant must complete the posttest and evaluation. A link to do so will be emailed to you at the end of the meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Liddy Knight at [email protected]
Fee Information & Refund/Cancellation Policy